Sleuth for Form Tutors
Using Sleuth to track behaviour provides each and every member of staff with the information they need to fulfill the pastoral responsibilities of their role. The ability to record in detail allows you to analyse and report in detail which provides an opportunity to understand the underlying causes of behaviour and focus on finding solutions.
Whatever your role in school you can use Sleuth to search for and interrogate recorded data then use the results to develop strategies for intervention. Using Sleuth regularly throughout the school day lets you stay on top of behaviour and communicates progress and concerns to colleagues that will support them in their roles.
Some MySearch/MyReport suggestions that would be useful for a Form Tutor appear below. A MySearch and MyReport can be run from your Sleuth Home Page in a single step (e.g. a click of the mouse).
Example MySearch for Form Tutors
- My Outstanding Referrals - shows all outstanding issues requiring attention. Clicking this search will allow you to follow up each referral, for example by adding an action of your own
- Today’s Incidents for 8TG - All issues for my Tutees reported today. Can be used in registration to contribute to dialogue and follow-up any issues for individuals and addressing the whole group
- This Week’s Incidents for 8TG - All issues for my Tutees reported this week. Can be used in registration to follow-up any issues
- Mentor Group Search - enables me to produce a list of incidents for the mentor group of students who I am monitoring closely
- Weekly AS Detentions for 8TG - a register for my tutees in detention this week, including the reasons why
Example MyReports for Form Tutors
- Incident Count for Students in 8TG - A report which lists total incidents per student in my my tutor group, including those with no incidents. A useful report to run daily/weekly
- Negative League Table for 8TG - shows my a list of students in my tutor group with the number of negative incidents in the form of a ’league table’
- Positive League Table for 8TG - shows my a list of students in my tutor group with the number of positive incidents in the form of a ’league table’
- This Term’s Behaviour Points for 8TG - Enables a HoD to profile positive and negative behaviour for their faculty area by Year Group and make comparisons. USeful to discuss with individual Year Heads
- This Term’s Behaviour Points for All TGs in Year 8 - A league table comparing accumulated behaviour points for each TG in year 8 this term. Can stimulate teamwork and motivate individuals to improve
- Term Trend of C2 Behaviour for Mentor Group - Line graph showing week-on-week numbers of level 2 behaviours for my mentor group
- Negative Behaviour Profile by Student for 8TG - A report for parent’s evening - a bar chart profile of negative behaviour for every student in my tutor group
- Positive Behaviour Profile by Student for 8TG - A report for parent’s evening - a bar chart profile of positive behaviour for every student in my tutor group
MySearch - Using Sleuth you can search for just the behaviour data you are interested in by selecting any of the detailed incident search criteria (e.g. for a particular year group, student gender, behaviour type, date or period). When you run a search Sleuth display the list of incidents/students that meet your criteria so you can view/update each individually. A search that you may want to run frequently can be saved, this is called a MySearch. Once saved it can be run from your Sleuth Home Page in a single step (e.g. click of the mouse).
MyReport - A MyReport in Sleuth is a report where you define the search criteria, how to order/breakdown the results (e.g. by year group, subject, date) and also the style of presentation to use to display the results of the search, (e.g. text, bar chart, line graph).